- Simple procedures to clear the issue
- Last resort procedure clear and reset the Android app data
Note: Should resolve most patron’s book problems as a last resort. The goal is to reduce need need to “uninstall or delete app from phone” which can cause problems with previously downloaded books.
When would I need this?
User cannot download an eBook, after trying all the other solutions below. The problem will look something like this:
Simple procedures to clear the issue
FIRST: Try the follwoing solutions first:
- Verify internet connection: - Open Chrome on the phone and try a webpage.
- Try to check out a brand new book from the Catalog.
- If the PIN or Password changed recently, try signing out and back in first.
Confirm the latest version of SimplyE from the Google Play Store is installed.
- go to top left corner “Menu”
- Tap Settings and check version to verify.
Last resort procedure clear and reset the Android app data
NOTE: The following does not apply for the Apple iOS version of SimplyE.
Steps to CLEAR APP DATA:
- On the Android phone, go to the General Settings
- Go to “App Settings”
- Find and choose SimplyE. From there, select “Storage”:
- Do the following in the exact order below
First: Tap “Clear Cache”
Second: Tap “Clear Storage” / “Clear Data”
- Re-launch the app, sign in one more time and try to select a title again.
NOTE: Take notice of any change in the error message if it persists. Escalate if needed. (Thank you).